Full course description
Complimentary Life Course Series – Leadership Grit: Finding Your Inner Grit During Challenging Times
We are living in a period of unpredictability which none of us have experienced before. There is economic and employment uncertainty, rapidly changing business models, and constantly changing political and social environments – all of these challenges have a direct impact on our lives. During these times, there are those who lean into the headwinds and gain altitude and others who are blown over by them. Which are you? This non-credit life experience course will help to reconnect you with what got you this far – your inner GRIT! Grit is a unique combination of passion and perseverance that cannot be underestimated in these difficult times. It is one of the main factors that will determine who will be frozen by change and who will lean into it.
As a result of having completed this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss and unpack the true meaning of Grit
- Define your personal definition of Grit through analyzing personal successes and accomplishments
- Gain practical business lessons from experienced business leaders
- Explore and plan for your next success
- Develop a plan that leans into the headwinds and increases your likelihood of success in life and business
|Course Start||Wednesday, SEP 23|
About This Course
This is an ideal course for anyone looking to experience the hands-on practical learning offered by our Business Leader Faculty. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced business leaders who are willing to share their lessons learned.
- Leadership Grit is a free non-credit course offered to anyone.
- Class instructors are Lake Forest’s Business Leader Faculty.
- Registration is open to any business professional.
- Classes will meet by three one-hour live-video sessions.
- Self-reflection and career guidance activities are expected outside of class time in order to obtain maximum learning.
Course Schedule – This free Grit Leadership course consists of two – 90 minute sessions. All live sessions will be held virtually from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (CDT)
- Session 1 – Wednesday, September 23 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Session 2 – Wednesday, September 30 6:00-7:30 p.m.
We prefer to offer a face-to face attendance option for our courses; however, we are committed to following CDC and governmental guidelines during the COVID19 crisis. We will return to offering the face-to-face delivery when it is allowed. In the meantime, all of our courses are offered via live video conference or online.